Writing-Related Top Five
- Monday mornings – Sure, you can tell yourself that you’re gonna write first thing Saturday, but after checking out what’s new on Netflix, cooking up something to eat, and responding to whomever’s text, the next thing you know it’s 5am Monday and the “Shitshitshitshitshit” going through your head is the only thing that finally makes you sit down with Microsoft Word.
- Popcorn – Your stomach’s distracting you. Kill it with butter and carbohydrates and get back to the keyboard.
- USB Flash Drives – Tripping over your flash drive and half-breaking it out of your computer is right up with having a gun pointed at your face. Wondering if you just lost everything. Pure terror.
- To-Do Lists – Sometimes being able to cross off your list “watched 30 minutes of youtube videos” is enough to motivate you to work on “write for 15 minutes.”
- Tomorrow – No matter what, you swear you’ll get it all done tomorrow.