Top Five Favourite Endings in Literature
which I look to for inspiration:
- “But it’s been a long time since/ and we must enquire the way/ of strangers–” Al Purdy, “The Country North of Belleville.”
- “On the back is written ‘Look! You can see our breath!’ And you can.” Timothy Findlay, The Wars.
- “Sit. Feast on your life.” Derek Walcott,” “Love After Love.”
- “This one hasn’t bloomed yet.” Lisa Moore, “Azalea.”
- “We are a people in whose bodies old sea-seeking rivers roar with blood.” Wayne Johnston, The Colony of Unrequited Dreams.”